The dictionary defines “proficiency” as “skillfulness in the command of fundamentals deriving from practice and familiarity.” The word “proficient” implies an advanced degree of competence acquired through training.
As Pilates teachers, the development of our proficiency is directly related to an ongoing study of the movement concepts underlying the Pilates exercise repertoire.
Deborah Lessen was trained to teach the Pilates method by Joseph Pilates’ first protégé, Carola Strauss Trier. She has a unique insight and proximity to the source of our work in the Pilates industry today. Deborah will present her unique approach to understanding the movement concepts underlying the Pilates exercise repertoire. Deborah will draw from her diverse background including her work with Carola, Irene Dowd and other influences to help us define the basic movement concepts underlying the Pilates method.
In this course participants will thoroughly examine:
- Concepts of Center
- Joint Release
- Sequential Movement of the Spine
- Mid-back, Lumbar and Pelvic Stabilization
During this workshop, Deborah will define each concept. Through active participation and observation, participants will:
- refine their visual and teaching skills
- be able to more accurately assess movement and have new methods to target and neutralize weaknesses and asymmetries, thus enabling clients to progress more quickly and with deeper understanding
- this course is beneficial to teachers of all levels
PMA CEC’s: 3
Early Bird Price | $175 (good through November 7, 2019)
Price | $199